This page is a part of the Tompkins Co., NYGenWeb Site. Not for commercial use. All Rights Reserved.
Descendants of Rev. Nathan Peck
Here is a listing showing the family of Urania Peck who married Thomas Darby, lived in McLean, members of McLean Baptist Church.
Generation No. 1
1. REV. NATHAN7 PECK (REV. JOHN6, JOHN5, SAMUEL4, SAMUEL3, REV. JEREMIAH2, DEACON WILLIAM1)1 was born January 27, 1783 in Milan, Dutchess County, New York, and died April 06, 1872 in Cortlandville, Cortland County, New York. He married SARAH "SALLY" BEEBE2 February 29, 1804 in Milan Twp, Dutchess Co, New York, daughter of EPHRAIM BEEBE and ELISABETH BROWN. She was born November 23, 1787 in New London, CT, and died April 08, 1856 in South Bend, Indiana.
Children of REV. PECK and SARAH BEEBE are:
Generation No. 2
2. CELISTA8 PECK (REV. NATHAN7, REV. JOHN6, JOHN5, SAMUEL4, SAMUEL3, REV. JEREMIAH2, DEACON WILLIAM1) was born October 28, 1806 in Plymouth, Chenango County, New York, and died October 24, 1894 in Cortlandville, New York. She married BENJAMIN SALISBURY April 06, 1831 in Cortlandville, New York, son of BENJAMIN SALISBURY and LYDIA BAKER. He was born 1795, and died July 23, 1872 in Salisbury Hill, Cortland Co, New York.
Child of CELISTA PECK and BENJAMIN SALISBURY is:
3. URANIA M8 PECK (REV. NATHAN7, REV. JOHN6, JOHN5, SAMUEL4, SAMUEL3, REV. JEREMIAH2, DEACON WILLIAM1) was born October 15, 1810 in Solon, Cortland County, New York, and died October 08, 1866 in Cortlandville, New York3. She married THOMAS DARBY April 30, 1833 in Cortland, New York, son of JOSEPH DARBY and ANNA GROW. He was born December 06, 1802 in Homer, Cortland, New York, and died February 22, 1883 in Cortland, New York.
Children of URANIA PECK and THOMAS DARBY are:
4. NATHAN BEEBE8 PECK (REV. NATHAN7, REV. JOHN6, JOHN5, SAMUEL4, SAMUEL3, REV. JEREMIAH2, DEACON WILLIAM1) was born November 28, 1823 in Nelson, New York, and died 1909 in Cortlandville, New York. He married LAURA HOPKINS March 31, 1849, daughter of JOSHIAH HOPKINS and ORILLA TAYLOR. She was born 1828, and died 1899.
Child of NATHAN PECK and LAURA HOPKINS is:
1. Bibliographic Information by Darius Peck, "A Genealogical Account of the Descendants in the Male Line of William Peck. Bryan & Goelts, Steam Book Printers, Hudson, 1877.
2. Monograph of the Beebe Family by Clarence Beebe, 1904, shows Ephraim with dau Sarah "Sally", & son Ephraim, pg 47.
3. Death Date for Urana per "One family in the line of William Peck", on Cortland County Web Page.
4. Death date & burial location from Cortland County Historical Society Grave records, provided by Betty Bonawicz from the CCHS.
5. Photographs of Grave site of Warren & (3) sons Russell D, Emory, & Edwin sent to me by Jim J. Carrington, descendant of German Nye. Jim Carrington is also the source of the census information on the Nye's, from the Cortland City Directories. He provided copie from information on the History of the Nye family mentioned here as a source, & the census, city directories, and other information by internet & by mail.
6. Genealogy of American Nyes of English Origin, Vol I, Generations 1-8, Compiled by L. Bert Nye Jr. 1977.
7. Cortland Cemetery Listing - Confirmed by Visit to Grave 10/29/1998 by Lynda Darby Ozinga.
8. Clarksville Star Obituary Jan 21, 1874. Confirmed by visit to grave by Lynda Darby. Shares a headstone with father Thomas Sr, mother Urana Peck Darby, sister Urana who died as a young child, brothers Thomas D who died at age 9, and Lucius who died in 1865 at age 20.
9. Visit to Grave 10/29/1998 by Lynda Darby Ozinga & Cortland Standard Obituary, March 29, 1816.
10. Obituary from Clarksville Star, for Thomas D. Darby, 9/6/1900. 11. Clarksville Star Obituary Sept 4, 1900.
12. Obituary from Clarksville Star, For Frances E. Bement Darby, 2/6/1920. 13. Cortland Cemetery Listing - Confirmed by Visit to Grave 10/29/1998 by Lynda Darby Ozinga.
Lynda & B.J. Ozinga
You are our
visitor since August 20, 2001.
Thanks for stopping by!
© 1998-2001 Copyright by Janet M. Nash and Johnna Armstrong
for the contributors of the material on these pages.
All Rights Reserved.