This page is a part of the Tompkins Co., NYGenWeb Site. Not for commercial use. All Rights Reserved.
Wills, Church, Bible & Cem. Records for:
CONRAD & HAUSER/HOWSER
© Copyright 1995
Contents by Catherine Machan Martin and presentation by Tompkins County NYGenWeb
All Rights reserved.
|* indicates signed with X||proved = probated||daus: = daughters|
|d/o = daughter of||s/o = son of||w/o = wife of|
|gr.ch.= grandchildren||wd/o = widow of||wit: = witnesses|
|ex: = executor(s)||ch/o = child(ren) of||* = ERRATA|
|hus: = husband||d.s.p. = died without issue||(sic) = as written|
|t.s = tombstone||ibid = same as above||g = guardian|
|c = counsel||unm = unmarried||(c) = calculated|
In "Abstracts from Franklins' Gazette 1728-1748" by Kenneth Scott, Gen. Publishing Co., Inc 1975 pg 522 is Peter CONRAD advertising for his runaway Dutch servant, Caril WITT, age between 30-40 smith, of New Hanover Twp. Philadelphia County, 12 September 1747. We do have a problem trying to sort out whether there are two different Peter CONRADs, since one Johan Peter CONRAD, who came to America on the "Two Brothers" Thomas Arnott, master Rotterdam last from Lieth 13 October 1747, one of the inhabitants of the Palatinate. Or if he originated from the first CONRAD family to America 1702-09 has not been ascertained. We know that a Peter CONRAD owned 100 acres of land on which he paid taxes and that lay in Hanover twp. Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania. One of 465 Names of German, Dutch and French inhabitants that paid taxes there prior to 1734 according to Daniel I. Rupp in his book 30,000 Names of Immigrants in Pennsylvania. pg 474. That is not to say that he may have not went back to the Palatinate and returned again. His age would make him likely to be the son of Johan CONRAD who took communion in New York at the age of 39 years 29 July 1710. If so, then his wife was no doubt the Anna Catharina who also took communion at the age of 34. They were sponsors for the daughter of Johann and Anna Catharina HAAS, named Anna Catharina, born 25 March and baptized 7 June 1717. There are baptismals regarding a Peter CONRAD's children in the 1740's. And this Peter CONRAD, a member of Church Council in the New Hanover Lutheran Church who lived over the Blue Mountains, died 5 March 1765 age 78yrs. which would make him born in 1687. This well could have been the father of our Peter CONRAD. No doubt, a Peter CONRAD married Anna Maria GRABILER 30 August 1748. at the Lutheran Church New Hanover, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. i: Margaretha Barbara, eldest d/o Peter CONRAD and Rudolph, eldest son of SCHWEINHART's baptized a daughter Magdalena Herthi SCHWEINHART born 15 January bpt. 19 January 1746 ii: Catharina CONRAD bpt 26 April 1745 d/o Peter CONRAD Jr. Sponsors: Joh. Andreas, son of Viet JURGER and Catharina CONRAD. They married 28 May 1745. Catharina died 3 December 1769 age 38yrs. 1mo da. Who was the sponsor, Catharina CONRAD? iii: Maria Magdalena CONRADIN married Adam, s/o Michael MULLER at Falckner Swamp Lutheran Church, Montgomery County, Pa. 19 August 1746 iv: Johannes, s/o Peter CONRAD married Susanna, d/o Ludwig KOHLER, 31 March 1755 v: Jacob CONRAD confirmed 6 November 1748 age 15yrs. born 1733 vi: Maria Euphronica CONRAD confirmed 5 November 1749 age 13 yrs born 1736 Married 18 August 1757 Johannes BUNN. (17) vii: Martin CONRAD confirmed 17 April 1756 age 15 yrs married Catharina --- MARTIN. He was born ca. 1741 viii: Henrich CONRAD confirmed 5 November 1749 age 13 yrs born ca 1741 (twins?) All baptized in Falckner Swamp Lutheran Church, New Hanover Twp., Montgomery County, PA. Who is the John CONRAD who died at Germantown 7 April 1813 age 75yrs 5mo 18da (making his birth calculated at 19 October 1737)?
Peter CONRADT born Germany 16 August 1737 may have come to America on the "Ship Two Brothers" 13 October 1747, Foreigners, inhabitants of Palatinate and places adjacent, imported in the ship with Thomas ARNOTT, Master, from Rotterdam last from Leith. It seems unlikely that any child, even at 10 years old would have traveled half way around the world alone and not think that he is the son of the first Peter CONRAD who came to America prior to 1734. You must remember that they often visited the old country. The Peter CONRADT that came on the "Ship Two Brothers" took the Oath of Allegiance, which qualified him, 13 October 1747. No boy of 10 could have taken the Oath! Johan Peter CONRAD (Conradt) served as a lst Lt. in the Revolutionary War from Hamilton Twp. Northampton County, (now Monroe County) Pennsylvania 6th Battalion, 5th Company, under Capt. Henry SEWITZ, Col. STROUD's Pa. Regt. and was commissioned 1 May 1777. He was taken prisoner at Frankfort 10 January 1778. He died intestate 22 November 1789. Because he and his widow both died before the 1818 act of Congress giving veterans a pension, is why there are no pension papers for him, but his descendants may join the D.A.R. or S.A.R. Peter CONRAD and Veronica d/o Johan Simon and Louisa (DEITZ) HELLER married before 1759 (the birth of lst child). Veronica, called Sophronia or Fronica was born Lower Saucon Twp. Bucks County 24 June 1747 and died in Hamilton Twp. 31 October 1809 age 62yrs 3mo 24da and is buried in the same cemetery as Peter. Her tombstone reads "Mrs. Fronica BOSSART". After the death of Peter CONRAD, Veronica married before 1800 Melchoir BOSSART, who had lost his wife Margaretha, daughter of Christopher KELLER. 2. Susannah CONRAD - bpt 7 August 1763 - sponsors: Simon HELLER & wife m. Jacob FRANTZ born 1745 Germany - 4 Nov 1819 Pa. DAR i: Susanna FRANTZ 11 Jan 1782 - sponsors: Susanna, widow of Henrich FRANTZ ii: Johan Peter FRANTZ 14 Oct bpt 23 Nov 1783 - sponsors: Peter and Veronica CONRAD iii: Veronica FRANTZ 15 Oct 1785 - sponsors: iv: Catharina FRANTZ 20 Sep bpt 24 Nov 1788 sponsors: Peter and Catharina FRANTZ v: Elisabeth FRANTZ 11 Nov 1790 bpt 1 Jan 1791 sponsors: Elisabeth (no last name given)
3. Elisabeth CONRAD - b. ca 1765 - no baptismal found for her m. Jacob MERWIN i: Johann Peter MERWIN 1 Apr bpt 21 Apr 1783 sponsors: Peter and Veronica CONRADTH (grandparents) Did he move to Tompkins County, New York and marry a Amelia ---- a: Rebecca Merwin 30 Nov 1827 - sponsors: Jonas and Maria (MERWIN) METZGAR ii: Sarah MERWIN 10 Oct bpt 21 Nov 1784 sponsors: Peter and Veronica CONRAD (grandparents) iii: Jacob MERWIN 6 Apr bpt 7 Apr 1786 sponsors: Jacob Meixel and Luise CONRAD iv: Anna Maria MERWIN 6 Jul bpt 13 Sep 1789 sponsors: Jonas WARR and Margaretha CONRAD both single m. Jonas METZGAR??? v: Fronica MERWIN 25 Aug bpt 6 Nov 1791 - sponsors: Fronica CONRAD (widow & grandmother)
4. Louisa CONRAD 4 Dec 1767 - 22 Apr 1851 - m. lst: 19 August 1787, John SCHNEIDER/SNYDER (1764-1814)DAR; m. 2nd: George GAUER/GOWER, a widower, whose first wife was Maria SALOME (no last name given in baptismals of their children.)
5. (George) Peter CONRAD 15 Feb bpt 18 Apr 1769 - 14 Oct 1827 58yrs 8mo
B:30 CONRAD, Peter of Lansing, Tompkins County, New York dated: 13 February 1823 - codicil:18 April 1825 - proved: 27 February 1827 wife: Mary (called Maria in Church Records d/o Michael and Margaret SLY?) sons: Vincent, married in Caroline 21 Nov 1832 Diana Caroline, d/o Dr. Joseph SPEED Their son George V. died in Chicago, 8 Feb. 1870 age 34yrs. He is buried in Ithaca, NY Anson, married Margaretta, d/o George BLYTHE bef. 1837 Francis died ca 4 July 1878 in Ithaca daus: Anna m. Higby BUNNELL Sarah 2 Mar 1800 - _____, m. William BUTLER sponsors: Sarah (her Aunt Sarah CONRAD w/o John ADAM) BAUER Lavina Catharine m. bef. 3 August 1845 Jacob M. McCORMICK (is she really Veronica b. 26 July 1802 sponsors: Melchior & 2nd wife Veronica (HELLER - CONRAD) BOSSART, her grandmother?) both girls baptized at the home of Henry TEETER (Evangelical United) Mary nfr. wit: A.D.W. BRUYN, Arthur S. JOHNSON and John S. HEAD wit to codicil: Henry HIBBARD, A.D.W. BRUYN and Amasa DAVIS ex: wife Mary and son Vincent (Vincent's middle name may have been SLY)
6. Johann Jacob CONRAD 9 Dec 1770 bpt. 6 Jan 1770 - 9 Mar 1778 nfr. sponsors: Jacob HELLER and Anna WEISS both single
7. Anna Margaretha CONRAD 4 Dec 1767 - or 1772? (bapt. lst Church of Easton) confirmed in Hamilton (Twp.) Union Church 29 Apr 1786 age 13! Married before 1792 Peter SCHNEIDER, the probable son of Peter and Mrs. Anna (Deitz) SCHNEIDER bpt. 29 Nov 1767. see Peter SCHNEIDER. It is not known if they moved to Cayuga County, New York, now Tompkins County, New York, but there is a Peter SNYDER buried at Miller Cemetery one mile East of Lansing d. 18 Jun 1849 82yrs 4mo 25da making birthdate ca 13 Jan 1767? There are no intestate or will papers for him.
8. Christina CONRAD 30 Oct bpt 25 Dec 1773 - nfr. sponsors: Christian and Christina (BOSSERT) KELLER
9. (Johan) Melchior CONRAD 24 Aug bpt l Oct 1776 - 12 Jul 1846 69yrs sponsors: Joh. Melchior BOSSERT and wife (Margaretha KELLER) He was in Lansing, Tompkins County, New York by 1800, name spelled Melchior or Melchiah. Married Catharine d/o Tillman and Maria Eva (---) BAUER. She died 13 Sep 1841 64yrs both buried German Cemetery. Whose son is George CONRAD when they were sponsors for his child in Evangelical United? i: Peter CONRAD 31 Jan bpt 5 Mar 1797 Hamilton Union sponsors: Peter and Margaretha (CONRAD) SCHNEIDER ii: John CONRAD 27 Dec 1801 - m. Rhenma --- baptized at home of Tillman BAUER (she d. 11 Feb 1844 32 yrs) ii: Elizabeth CONRAD 18 Jun 1804 - m. at Lansing, New York 9 Jan 1828 Hyram DIMICK by Rev. Bascom (ItJ & GA ) iii: Joseph CONRAD 8 May 1810 - sponsors: Joseph Conger and Elizabeth BAUER iv: Aaron CONRAD 28 Jan 1812 - 9 Dec 1854 44yrs m. Permilla - sponsors: Honteeter BAUER and wife v: ------- CONRAD 22 May 1814 - vi: Vines CONRAD 9 Feb 1826 - (Vincent???)
10. Henrich CONRAD 30 Aug bpt 18 Oct 1779 sponsors: Joh. Heinrich and Margaretha (HELLER) HAUSER 22 Apr 1810 Or is he the Henry CONRAD who married Joanna HAUSER? They had a child baptized in the Evangelical United Congregations of Milton and Scipio namely: i: Catharine CONRAD 2 May 1802 - sponsors: Melchior CONRAD and wife baptized at home of John SMITH near Lavanna, Cayuga Co., N.Y.
11. Johannes CONRAD 4 Nov bpt 23 Dec 1781 - sponsors: Joh. and Susanna HELLER m. Catharine FOOT/FUHS/FOX? i: Peter CONRAD 30 Jul 1803 - baptized at home of Tillman BAUER ii: Catharine CONRAD 16 Aug 1809 - iii: John Fox CONRAD 21 Sep 1811 - sponsors: John Foot and wife iv: John Melchior CONRAD 30 May 1813 sponsors: John Melchior CONRAD and wife
12. Sarah CONRAD 8 Jul bpt 3 Aug 1783 - sponsors: Martin and Sarah KIND m. 27 May 1798 John Adam s/o Tillman and Maria Eva (-) BAUER - see Bauer
13. Johan Jacob CONRAD 12 Feb bpt Easter day 1785 - sponsors: Jacob and Anna Maria (HELLER) HUTMACHER Is he the Jacob CONRAD married to Bethyer ____ in Lansing, Tompkins Co. New York? If so, he died there 29 June 1840 and owned pt of lot #58 bounded SE by James FORD (Now McCarns land). Part of lot 66 and l pt of lot 59. Bethia, widow of Jacob CONRAD died 9 Nov 1848 65yrs. Buried North Lansing Cemetery. i: Peter B. CONRAD - 19 May 1846 38yrs ii: Henry CONRAD iii: Elizabeth CONRAD m. James WINANS iv: Isabella CONRAD 20 Mar 1813 - 1 Jul 1895 m. 29 October 1829 Roswell, s/o John & Alice (-) BEARDSLEY (5 Jul 1809 - 7 Nov 1902 (see Beardsley Bible records) v: Sally Ann CONRAD vi: Margaret CONRAD 7 Nov 1821 - vii: Caroline CONRAD Special guardian for Margaret, Caroline & Elizabeth was George BOWEN. Thomas BISHOP, Henry HOWSER and Hiram MOE appointed commissioners.
14. Catharine CONRAD 22 Apr bpt 2 Oct 1786 - 30 Sep 1829 sponsors: Johannes and Catharina (HELLER) BAUER (pg 34) m. ca 1802 John STAPLES, Jr. s/o John and Margaret (TEEPLES) STAPLES, was probably born in Somerset County, New Jersey 25 Dec 1780. (Rev. War pension Rec. of John STAPLES). Where he died or rest is unknown at this time. Please, if anyone out there, should know the whereabouts of him or any of their children we can not account for, would you please inform this author! i: Veronica STIEBELS 7 Jul bpt 19 Aug 1803 - 19 Mar 1869 sponsors: Melchior & Veronica (HELLER-CONRAD) BOSSERT m. Israel s/o John & Polly (LINDERMAN) OSMUN see their families. ii: Francis STIPPEL 11 Jul bpt 20 Aug 1809 - sponsors: Peter and Margaretha (-) BOSSERT nfr. iii: Margaretha STEEPLES 16 Dec 1812 bpt. 8 Mar 1813 - sponsors: James and Susanna (-) SCHAEFFER nfr. (bp. 1499) (they are in Evangelical United Cong. too) iv: Peter STIPPEL 20 Jun bpt. 3 Aug 1814 - sponsors: Peter and Rebeka (-) BOSSARD (bp. 1644) nfr v: Johannes N. STIBBEL 2 Nov 1816 bpt 16 Feb 1817 - sponsors: Johannes and Catharina (SCHEIBEL) WILLIAMS (bp. 1833) m. Rhoda -- They lived in Lansing, Ingham Co. and Holly, Oakland Co. Michigan. in 1850/60. A blacksmith and tailor, his value was $200. Rhoda was born ca 1818 in New York. They were probably married ca 1835 in New York since the first four children were born in that state. They evidently came from New York 1844 - 1850 since Caroline, called Carrie was the last child born in New York. Known children in census 1850 -1860 a: David or Lewis STEEPLES 1837 - nfr b: Celista STEEPLES 1839 - c: George STEEPLES 1842 - called idiotic 1860 nfr d: Caroline, called Carrie STEEPLES 1844 - nfr e: Charles STEEPLES 1853 - nfr f: Eva STEEPLES 1859 - nfr then after the 12 June 1860 census, this family disappeared. Maybe someone will read this and inform us about their fate after that. nfr v: unknown name female b. bef 1825 Lansing, TC N.Y. vi: George STEEPLES/STAPLES 23 Feb 1824 - 7 Feb 1907 m. Harriet d/o William and Sarah (ENDERS) MYER/MEIERS/MEYERS. They were probably married somewhere in Michigan about 1854/5. 1900 census told that Henrietta was born 28 Aug 1834 in New York. She died 18 Jan 1908 of old age and liver disease, in her home at Ortonville, Oakland County, Michigan. Married 54yrs at the time of George's death which occurred 7 Feb 1907 age 82yrs 11mo 15da of Bright's Disease. In 1900 their farm of 33 acres was mortaged and George could not read or write, but that well may have been due to his age of 76yrs. (Census) a: Adalade STEEPLES 1856 - lived Ortonville (1917 )nfr b: Ellen STAPLES 1858 - nfr c: Clara B. STAPLES 1861 NY - m.___ SMITH lived Detroit, Michigan (1917) nfr. d: John Calvin STAPLES 1866 - living in Detroit 501 Woodward Ave. Detroit City Detective alive in 1929 nfr. e: Francis, called Frank Mills STAPLES, son of Mr. and Mrs. George STAPLES born in Holly, Oakland County, Michigan 2 July 1866, died 17 February 1916 age 49. He leaves his wife, three children, Clifford H., Clayton B., Robert L. STAPLES. One sister, Mrs. Clara B. SMITH of Detroit, Two brothers, John C. STAPLES of Detroit and James G. STAPLES of Ortonville (obit) Clayton Barron STAPLES died Flint 10 June 1934 age 41yrs. buried Ortonville. f: James G. STAPLES 1872 - lived Ortonville(1917)nfr Above named children in Henrietta's will and she owned a house and lot valued $700. Appraisers: Henry HORTON; James and William ALGER. vii: Sally STEEPLES 5 Dec 1819 - 4 Apr 1896 m. 15 Dec 1838 in Drayton Plains, Oakland County, Michigan Henry s/o William & Minerva (FOX) BIRGE (24 Oct 1816 Susquehanna County, Pa. - 26 Feb 1912 Drayton Plains, Michigan.) They are both buried in Drayton Plains Cemetery. a: Fanny E. BIRGE 28 Nov 1839 - 17 Dec 1923 m. 14 May 1857 William Wallace s/o Robert and Margaret (MCGEORGE) COCHRAN/COFFRON. (10 Oct 1829 St. Stephens, N.B. Canada or Calais, Maine - 22/29 Jan 1903 North Branch, Lapeer County, Michigan 5 sons - 5 daughters. b: Minerva C. BIRGE 1 May 1842 - 24 Jan 1859 buried ibid c: John W. BIRGE 30 Apr 1845 - m. Eliza VANCAMPEN d: George S. BIRGE 13 Mar 1847 - moved Leroy, Kansas e: Jane Emily BIRGE 15 May 1849 - m. John f: Minnie M. BIRGE 4 Apr 1851 - m. 29 Apr 1869 Wm. R. DREVATT nfr. It is to the descendants of Fanny E. and Wm. W. COCHRAN, Dayl and Jennie STOUT that led us to follow these people, and for that we give our thanks for their aid and encouragement to finish this book.
15. Joseph CONRAD - 19 June bpt. 4 July 1789 - sponsors: Ludwig and Magdalena (-) HELLER
Evangelical United Congregations of Scipio and Milton Lansing Twp. CONRAD, George and Anna TEETER Amphre CONRAD 26 Aug 1821 - Jefferson CONRAD 18 Sep 1823 - Maria CONRAD 16 Jan 1827 - Catharine CONRAD 1 May 1830 - all sponsored by: Melchior and Catharine (BAUER) CONRAD
Burials Northampton Co. Pa. CONRAD John - 7 Apr 1813 75yrs 5mo 18da Germantown Mrs. Fronica BOSSERT - 31 Oct 1809 62yrs 3mo 24da Hamilton Susanna - 10 Jul 1821 77yrs 8mo 25da Easton
CONRAD Tombstones, Tompkins Co., New York Asbury M. E. Church Cemetery Major Peter CONRAD - 14 Oct 1827 58yrs 8mo John s/o Peter and Mary - Sep 1796 11mo North Lansing Bethia w/o Jacob - 9 Nov 1848 65yrs Peter B. - 19 May 1846 38yrs Isabella CONRAD 20 Mar 1813 - 1 July 1895 w/o Roswell BEARDSLEY 5 July 1808 - 7 Nov 1902 German Cemetery Aaron - 9 Dec 1854 44yrs Permelia w/o Aaron - 4 Jun 1851 41yrs Francis C. d/o Wyness & Lucinda - 9 Nov 1848 1yr sic Rhenma w/o John - 11 Feb 1844 32yrs Melchiah - 12 Jul 1846 69yrs Catherine w/o M. - 13 Sep 1841 64yrs (d/o Tillman BAUER)
ABSTRACT of DEEDS bk l/112 27 November 1766
Bk R:286-287 Town of Lansing TC 9 November 1830 lot 67 indenture: John OSMAN and wife Mary sold to John STEEPLES for $200.00 parcel of land in town of Lansing containing 15 acres bounded SW by Madison BOWKER, W. by highway, N by and E. by Madison BOWKER Town of Lansing BKT:280/1 13 January 1832 Recorded: 8 February 1832 1 P.M. indenture: John STAPLES and wife Mary of town of Lansing, sold to George NUMAN of town of Lansing for $375.00 lot 67 same piece he required in 1830.
Intestate Tompkins County, New York CARMICHAEL, James of Enfield died 29 November 1872 Widow: Semantha Mother: Nancy CARMICHAEL Sister: Fanny w/o Daniel S. OSMUN of Dundee, New York, Adeline wo Merrick KENDALL, of Beaver Dam, New York and Mary w/o Ichabod FISH of Barringon, New York
Henry HAUSER a Revolutionary War soldier was born 19 May 1748 in Germany married sometime before 1774 Margaretha, daughter of Johan Simon and Louisa (DIETZ) HELLER born Northampton Co., now Monroe County, Pennsylvania 13 December 1752. He died in Northampton - 14 Aug 1810 61yrs 4mo 19da and is buried in Hamilton Cemetery. DAR Margaretha was born 3 December 1752. nfr. There is little doubt that some of their descendants went to Tompkins Co. since they appear in the Evangelical United Congregations of Milton and Scipio, Lansing Twp. The following six children bapt. in Easton, Pa. others, with sponsors in Hamilton Union. i: Susanna HAUSER 28 Jul 1775 ii: John George HAUSER 21 Jan 1777 m. 12 Jan 1798 ---- METZGER iii: Elisabeth HAUSER 19 Nov 1778 - 13 Jul 1857 78yrs 7mo 21da m. Geo. s/o Tillman and Maria Eva (-) BAUER iv: Hannah HAUSER 11 Aug 1780 - is she Johanna? v: Anna Margaret HAUSER 25 Aug 1782 - m. ??? 14 May 1800 Jonathan KNECT vi: Carl HAUSER 28 Feb 1789 - (called Charles?) m. 31 October 1809 Catharine HOUCK vii: Heinrich HAUSER 6 Nov 1790 bpt. 1 Jan 1791 sponsors: Joh. and Susanna (-) HELLER viii: Anna HAUSER 16 Feb bpt. 1 Apr 1793 (or is she Johanna? sponsors: Caspar and Julianna (Elisabeth BEST) METSKER ix: Joseph HAUSER 20 Jun bpt. 9 Aug 1795 sponsors: David HELLER and Elis. HAUSER both single Who did Margaretha (HELLER) HAUSER/HOWSER marry after the death of Henry?
HAUSER, Kasper and Sophia NEWHARDT Kasper b. in Jan 1744 died 16 August 1800 in Pennsylvania. DAR i: Regina HAUSER 27 Aug 1769 (no mother listed) ii: Henry HAUSER 13 Jan 1774 iii: Maria Catharina HAUSER 27 Dec 1776 iv: Susanna Elisabetha HAUSER 5 Mar 1779 v: John HAUSER 6 Nov 1780 vi: Maria Barbara HAUSER 20 May 1782 vii: Margaret HAUSER 8 Dec 1785 viii: Daniel HAUSER 24 Mar 1789
HAUSER, Ulrich and Anna Maria Barbara GERMANTON Ulrich born 16 January 1741 in Germany died 5 June 1824 in Pennsylvania DAR i: Henry HAUSER 11 Aug 1770 ii: Maria Catharine HAUSER 19 Sep 1774 iii: John Friedrich HAUSER 18 Jan 1777 iv: George HAUSER 2 Feb 1779 v: Peter HAUSER 29 Mar 1781 vi: Jacob HAUSER 17 Jun bpt. 20 Jul 1783 sponsors: Jacob ARND Sr. and wife Elisabetha York County,Pa. Hopewell Twp. vii: Joseph HAUSER 22 Jul 1785 viii: George HAUSER 4 Feb bpt. 1 Mar 1788 sponsors: Adam STRUCKER and Maria Magdalena York County, Hopewell Twp.
HAUSER, Henry and Eva (-) i: Elisabeth HAUSER ca 1771
HAUSER, Jacob and Catharine (-) i: Jacob HAUSER 31?Nov 1797 (November has 30 days?)
HAUSER, John Frederick and Barbara (-) i: George Frederick HAUSER 28 Nov 1773
Evangelical United Congregations of Milton and Scipio, Lansing Twp. Tompkins Co. New York HAUSER, Carl and wife Catharine (HOUCK?) Carl s/o Henry and Margaretha (Heller) HAUSER - 27 Nov 1832 Catharine (FC 1850 pg 165R 64yrs b. Pa.) * i: Peter * i: Samuel HAUSER 20 Apr 1812 sponsors: George BAUER and wife (Elizabeth HAUSER?) * ii: Marietta HAUSER 25 Apr 1816 - sponsors: Henry HAUSER and wife iii: Alvana HAUSER 16 Dec 1819 - sponsors: Peter and Margaretha (CONRAD) SNYDER * iv: Enson HAUSER 21 Dec 1821 - m. Pauline SCHENCK sponsors: Christian and Catharine ( - ) KARN spelled KERN v: Eliza Jane HAUSER 21 Aug 1823 - 5 Feb 1842 18yrs 5mo 5da Karns Cem. sponsors: George BOSSARD and wife * vi: Margaret HOWSER ca 1828 m. Abraham TARBELL vii: Henry HOWSER viii: Alpheus HOWSER ix: Mary HOWSER Dower bk 1:121-129 pg 121 - 129 9 Sep 1833 Guardian for Henry and Marietta HOWSER - George BOWERS special guardian for Alpheus, Anson and Betsey Jane - John GUTHRIE Commissioners: Samuel (John) YOUNG of Groton, Hiram MOE and John LEARN
HAUSER, Christian (no wife named) i: Henry HAUSER 16 Jan 1814 sponsors: John Adam BAUER and wife (Sarah CONRAD)
HAUSER, Henry (no wife named) i: Julianna HAUSER 16 Aug 1814 sponsors: George BAUER and wife (Elizabeth HAUSER) ii: Samuel HAUSER 2 Nov 1816 sponsors: Carl HAUSER and wife More information about HOWSER families in Tompkins Co. New York Daniel s/o Peter and Esther HOWSER - 6 Jun 1859 3yrs 6mo Martha w/o Henry HOWSER - 14 Dec 1860 30yrs 11mo 16da Minerva w/o Samuel HOWSER - 10 Feb 1850 28yrs /29yrs Myron s/o Peter and Esther HOWSER - 19 Oct 1860 16yrs Rachel w/o Jacob HOWSER - Apr 1845 23yrs 7mo 13da Wilcox Susan w/o Samuel HOWSER - 3 Apr 1857 DAR Martin HOUSER 22 June 1731 Germany - 22 Ap 1789 Pa. - m. Elizabeth HESS
Marriages from Landmarks of Tompkins Co. New York by Selkreg 1894 Page Anson HOWSER m. Pauline SCHNECK 120 Calvin s/o Henry and Mary HOWSER 68 Caroline HOWSER wd/o Calvin m. Sidney HOPKINS of Groton 68 Catharine E., d/o Peter HOWSER m. William HOLDEN 45 Eliza d/o Henry and Mary HOWSER m. Charles WITT of Jeff.Co. 68 Elizabeth HOWSER (see above) m. George BOWER 68 Julia d/o Henry and Mary HOWSER m. Jacob METZGER of Groton 68 Margaret d/o Charles and Catharine m. Abram H. TARBELL 116 Sarah d/o Henry and Mary HOWSER m. Benton M. HALLADAY 68 Thompson s/o Henry & Mary HOWSER lived in Iowa 68
Marriages and Death Notices from Tompkins Co. NY Newspapers Mary Smith Jackson 1993 Macedon, NY 21 Henry J. HOUSER of N. Lansing, NY at N. Lansing, NY * Annie d/o Jacob OSMUN of N. Lansing NY. 25 Dec1878 39 Ertie HOUSER of Lansing, NY at Groton, NY James B. LUCAS of Groton, NY 7 Nov 1866 45 Henry HOWSER of N. Lansing Summerhill, NY Emily SIKES of Groton, NY 9 Oct 1873 50 M.E. HOWSER of Groton, NY (female) Groton, NY F.W. HERLING of Auburn, NY 2 Nov 1876 115 Catharine E. HOUSER of Lansing, NY at Groton, NY William E. HOLDEN of Lansing 9 Mar 1865 122 Aaron HOWSER of Groton Malloryville, NY Nancy A. CARPENTER of Groton 8 Aug 1868 204 George HOWSER 17, (died) Locke, NY 8 May 1873 207 Samuel HOWSER 57, (died) in Groton, NY 13 Oct 1874 290 Permelia w/o Samuel 11 55 (died) in Peruville, NY 31 May 1870 320 Samuel HOWSER (died) W. Groton 13 Oct 1874 note: Henry HOWSER married Almira d/o John & Polly (LINDERMAN) OSMUN will of John OSMUN * Jacob OSMUN f/o Annie was s/o Abram see Anna (SHOEMAKER)OSMUN will Almira OSMUN d/o Jacob L(inderman) and Sally (INGLEY) OSMUN married Charles HOWSER
You are our
visitor since February 25, 2003.
Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright by Janet M. Nash and Johnna Armstrong
for the contributors of the material on these pages.
All Rights Reserved.